Integrated Survey Solutions
With increasing emphasis placed on student expectations and graduate outcomes, understanding the entire student experience across the whole university has never been more critical.
As a result of our client requests for a tailored integrated solution, i-graduate have developed a process that begins with an analysis of all information requirements and ends in a single source survey, resulting in great insight and understanding.
What is the Integrated Survey Solution?
The ISS is a consultative process which enables all university stakeholders to gain a complete picture into what drives decision-making and satisfaction across your entire student population. Stakeholder requirements from existing internal and external surveys are aligned and integrated, into an independently administered, externally benchmarked instrument.
The research addresses all levels, years and forms of study, and all nationalities. The scope of the process includes the following:
• Demographics - nationality, funding of studies
• Course - areas of study, course type
• Decision-making - motivations, importance, influencers
• Application - application route, use of agents, service levels
• Visas - visa type, application process, level of support
• Enquiry to acceptance – service levels, communication channels
• Arrival and orientation
• Study hours, perceptions, employment hours
• Future plans and career intentions
• Learning experience – teachers, course content, facilities, employability
• Living experience – accommodation, friends, funding, internet access
• Support services - health, employment etc
• Recommendation –of the institution to others
The process starts with a collaborative review of your current student feedback and evaluation process, to enable you to understand the strengths and limitations.
Based on the review we will develop a single instrument, co-ordinated through a dedicated account manager. Intelligent question routing ensures that students are asked only questions that are relevant to them and their course.
We will then build and host a tailored survey, manage its implementation, send out the launch email and subsequent reminder emails.
We will collect, collate and analyse all data, providing global, national and competitor-specific indices to give you comparative insight.
In the reporting process, we will highlight strongly performing areas, and those that can be improved. Where the results indicate areas for attention, or show something unexpected, we will work with you to explore your results in further detail, through follow-up surveys, focus groups, consultation or workshops.
How can the ISS directly benefit an institution?
Uncoordinated and disconnected surveys within institutions often result in data overload, respondent fatigue and a lack of comparable data. The ISS is a cost-effective and efficient solution, offering a single platform for reporting which enables everyone in your university to gain a complete picture.
• Reduces survey length through demographic pre-population and the removal of selected questions
• Solves survey fatigue
• Reduces the amount of internal administration and analysis
• Provides a consistent, logical dialogue with your entire student population
• Provides a comprehensive data set, external benchmarking and comparative indices against relevant rivals
• Focuses internal resources on dissemination of findings and enhancement of the student experience
• Reduces demand on international budgets, as the solution is typically centrally funded
• Enables your institution to stay ahead of the Key Information Set (KIS) requirements, as the solution spans all levels and all years of study.
What you can expect to receive
You will receive bespoke survey results covering all aspects of the student experience, benchmarked and ranked against agreed indices.
Comparative insight: global benchmarks
We will provide you with a broad evidence base for you to understand how the student experience compares against other institutions nationally and globally, to enable you understand competitor activity.
Enhanced, interactive reporting
If required, i-graduate will load your anonymised dataset into Tableau, breakthrough Business Intelligence software, to provide you with an institution specific dashboard and simple visualisation of all key data. The intuitive drag-and-drop interface will let you see charted results for every data analysis request as you make it, instantly. Results can be viewed by course, faculty, campus, study area, study level, year of study and more – all benchmarked as desired.
How you can take part
To find out more and see how the Integrated Survey Solution can help your institution, please contact Jamie Taylor: